Copy and paste
If you want to copy text from one application to another, you have a number of ways to do it:
1. With keyboard shortcuts
- With the mouse, highlight the text you want to copy.
- Press the CTRL key and the C key at the same time. This copies the text into the computer's memory.
- Place the mouse cursor where you want to insert your text.
- Press the CTRL key and the V key at the same time. This pastes the text into the new location.
2. Using the menu
- Most programs that deal with text will have an Edit menu.
- As above, highlight your text, then click Edit > Copy.
- Place the cursor where you want to insert your next text, then click Edit > Paste.